Our Motto: The vision of one can fulfill the dreams of many.
Our Mission: The Poets Niche is an online service created to provide poets a network base to showcase their poetry. We believe poetry tells the story of the poet. Like the hieroglyphics our ancestors left behind telling their stories, we want to help each member personally tell their story. Therefore, our goal is to empower our members with the knowledge, resources and expertise to globally market their poetry.
The Poets Niche and NicheMarket.com can and will become the most popular website on the Internet. How do we accomplish this goal? Most importantly it requires your help. Networking within your communities, advertising the Poets Niche in the media, radio, newspapers, talk shows, magazines, local writer's groups, universities, bookstores, coffee shops, places of employment! Word of mouth is how every great movement gets it's start and sustains its momentum. (And with the power of email, we can indeed create something the likes of which this world has never seen!)
On our end, we need to make sure we give you what you want and need to help you achieve your own goals, personal and otherwise. Let us know what you'd like to see the Poets Niche become, and I promise you, if enough people want it, we will make it happen!
HERE'S WHAT WE ARE DURING CURRENTLY:
1) POEMS OF THE WEEK - Every week we will spotlight Poets Niche members and their poems.
We believe that all poems posted on this website should inspire, uplift, motivate and be spiritual. Therefore, the use of profanity, pornography and the degradation of any race or gender, will not be posted on this website. We believe, however, in the freedom of expression, and ask that members continue to send their poems directly to the group. This will allow each poet to continue to receive comments and/or opinions about their poems from the members.
2) GREETING COMMITTEE - Our Greeting Committee will introduce new members to the group, as well as answer any questions new members may have regarding procedures for submitting their poems for review by other members.
3) THE POETS NICHE E-ZINE - moni's top 10 is a forum created for members to showcase their talents -- e.g., FROM THE QUEEN'S THRONE written by Shenita Vanish -- as well as sharing information amongst our members for networking purposes.
4) POETS NICHE WHO'S WHO - Get to know our members up close and personal. Discover how our members found out about the us, and why they love being a part of the Poets Niche, in moni's candid interviews of our members. See moni's top 10 and find out why we are having so much fun!
5) COMMENTS FROM THE PEANUT GALLERY - Have your poem(s) critiqued by members of the Poets Niche by the Peanut Gallery. This forum was created to allow poets and poetry critics to discuss the poetry submitted to the group. Criticism can and should be considered A Good Thing -- constructive criticism can lead to growth and insight, from both the artist and the critic. The aim of the Peanut Gallery is to provide a place for in-depth discussion of selected works, including commentary by the writer on what the piece being discussed is about, if they so choose.
6) GET YOUR OWN PERSONAL WEBSITE - Get a webpage on the Poets Niche site to launch your career, sell a self-published book and more.
7) POETS NICHE BOOKSHELF - This section of our website will profile the work of any member who has published a book(s) of poetry. This will allow the poets to market and sell their book(s) online.
8) BULLETIN BOARD - Poets Niche members who want to share and/or invite others to any upcoming events, either locally or nationally, should post these events on our Bulletin Board.
9) POETS NICHE PUBLISHING/POETS NICHE ANTHOLOGIES - Our goal is to publish, market and promote the work of our members. Soon to be published is our first anthology "COME INTO OUR WHIRL". See how you can be a featured poet in the next Poets Niche Anthology, which will include the top 50 poems of the year.
1) POETS NICHE CHAT ROOM - While the chat room is already up and running for anyone who wishes to utilize it, we'll be having monthly boardmeetings, or specially organized chat sessions to meet, greet or discuss how to improve the Poets Niche, etc. -Stay Tuned!
2) POETS NICHE AUDIO ROOM - Each member can personally read their poem(s) along with a little history about the poem on this page. Visitors to the site will be able to hear the recording of you performing your poetry!
3) WRITER'S RESOURCE ROOM - We will provide website resources and/or information on copyrighting, marketing, literary agents, etc.
4) QUARTERLY CONTESTS - We will continue to have contests which will allow members to have their work exposed to the greatest number of people around the world!
The Poets Niche would like to personally thank /bams, David, Pam, Mocha, Angela, Shenita, Saleem and Shaun for volunteering their time and efforts in making this website a reality.
Moni Blache--The Really Nice Person at the Poets Niche Who Keeps Things Running Smoothly
& Walt Goodridge--President NicheMarket.com
Poets Niche Mission and Vision!
How it All Started!
We're Changing Lives!
The Poets Niche In The News!
Here's What the Poets Niche Can Do For You!
How to submit/share your poetry with the group!